[Openmcl-devel] Re: [Bug-openmcl] todo for 0.14.4

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Aug 22 13:59:28 PDT 2005

I get the same error that George reports if I double-click on the bundle
under Panther (10.3.9); it seems to start up fine under Tiger (10.4.2),
or if I run:

shell> /path/to/Hemlock.app/Contents/MacOS/bootstrap

on either platform.

It feels kind of like something (LaunchServices ?) may be caching the
wrong bundle (or something vaguely like that.)  Whatever the problem
is, it doesn't seem to be as simple as "works on OS version X but not
Y".

I wonder if changing some of the strings in Hemlock.app's Info.plist
so that they don't conflict with OpenMCL.app (but not so much that
things would break) has any affect on launchability ?