Fwd: [Openmcl-devel] openmcl 1.0 vs. GUI

alex crain alexcrain at mail.widgetworks.com
Sun Aug 28 17:11:34 PDT 2005

On Aug 28, 2005, at 1:32 PM, Hamilton Link wrote:

> To that end, Alex, do you have a version of the GUI in which the
> editor, backtrace, listener, and inspector all approximately load
> and can be invoked?  Or is the version that comes in the distro
> preferred?

Without putting too much of a point on it, my #1 problem with the GUI
project is the level feedback that I've received.

None. Nada. Nothing. Zip.

For anyone how is interested - http://ren.widgetworks.com/~alex/ccl-
ide.dmg.gz

This is a disk image that contains a relatively recent version of the
bleeding edge CCL code and a launchable Hemlock application.
It is a bit buggy and there have been a few reported problems with
the launcher but I think that the only catch is that you can't have
another version of CCL in your load path or any of the CCL*
environment variables set.

I've tested in on Tiger and 10.3.9 and it boots fine in both cases as
long as there isn't any other ccl distributions around.

This version has a editor, listener, backtrace, inspector, trace
monitor and a version of the ANSI standard documentation that appears
to be copyright free.
(Unlike the HyperSpec). It supports syntax coloring, drag and drop
and sexpr friendly selections.

There is precious little actual documentation - I'm working on
extracting something useful from the scribe sources for the hemlock
docs.

Please, feel free to download it, play with it and even comment on it.

:alex