[Openmcl-devel] Fwd: FFI stuff, C++, wxWidgets

Hamilton Link hamlink at cs.unm.edu
Wed Dec 21 15:10:51 PST 2005

Thanks for the response... to clarify, I'm not suggesting we get rid of
the ObjC bridge, far from it.  I'd _way_ rather talk to ObjC for most
things, because of garbage collection and the MOP features that ObjC's
introspection provides.

What I'm suggesting is that the openmcl IDE be rewritten on top of a
GUI library that ports readily to Linux and OS X with native look and
feel, and wxWidgets looks like a strong candidate.  Unfortunately it's
a C++ API rather than an ObjC API, so I am interested in what people
have tried w.r.t. adding C++ FFI capability to openmcl.

And the "pro ObjC bridge" vote is good too, feedback on the features
people really use is always good.