[Openmcl-devel] Fwd: FFI stuff, C++, wxWidgets

Brent Fulgham bfulg at pacbell.net
Wed Dec 21 23:36:20 UTC 2005

--- Hamilton Link <hamlink at cs.unm.edu> wrote:
> What I'm suggesting is that the openmcl IDE be
> rewritten on top of a GUI library that ports readily
> Linux and OS X with native look and feel, and
wxWidgets looks
> like a strong candidate.

The most interesting cross-platform GUI toolkit I've
lately (aside from the ubiquitous Qt and wxWindows) is
a new
offering from Adobe, the "Adobe Source Libraries"
(http://opensource.adobe.com/).  I'm not sure which
they use this toolkit in, but it sports native look
and feel
on Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows, and it is especially
because it is done as a DSL for GUI display (see
for details).

Unfortunately, this is another C++ product, but it
might be
a good long-term solution (and as a bonus, more