[Openmcl-devel] lambda-gtk question on OpenMCL

Rick Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 26 06:16:39 PST 2005

Its not a bug but its not pretty either. However it does work:

? (setq bm (plotter-bitmap w))
#<A Mac Pointer #x151FD0>
? (gdk:drawable-get-size bm 0 0)
NIL
377
350
?
lambda-gtk sources are portable between OpenMCL, SBCL and CMUCL so its
calling conventions have to be the same.  both sbcl and cmucl return
pointer args as multiple values. so in the example above the NIL first
return value is the value returef by the function the second and third
values are the pointer arg values the function produces. so in the case
of a function that only produces values the external args you pass are
useless.  If there is a better way to handle situations like this
please let me know, but only if it can determined from ffigen
expressions and only if it works in all three lisps.

Rick Taube
Associate Professor, Composition/Theory
School of Music
University of Illinois