[Openmcl-devel] MAKE-ARRAY :ELEMENT-TYPE 'REAL

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Fri Jul 15 17:05:24 PDT 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, James Bielman wrote:

> I hit this compiling McCLIM on CVS OpenMCL:
>
> Welcome to OpenMCL Version (Beta: DarwinPPC32) 0.14.3-050714!
> ? (compile nil (lambda nil (make-array 0 :element-type 'real)))
>> Error in process listener(1): Unknown type-keyword 178.
>> While executing: CCL::TYPE-KEYWORD-CODE
>> Type :POP to abort.
> Type :? for other options.
>
> (I think there may be something related to this that leads to an
> error cross-compiling SBCL from CVS OpenMCL---I haven't been able
> to isolate this into a simple test case yet though...)

The backends are supposed to define a function which maps a parsed
array type (an ARRAY-CTYPE) to a keyword that semi-abstractly names
that specialized array type.  The PPC32 version
(PPC32::PPC32-ARRAY-TYPE-NAME-FROM-CTYPE) sometimes returns
PPC32::SUBTAG-SIMPLE-VECTOR (178) instead of the keyword :SIMPLE-VECTOR.
That's bad enough, but PPC64::PPC64-ARRAY-TYPE-FROM-CTYPE also returns
PPC32::SUBTAG-SIMPLE-VECTOR (178).  As, um, we've seen.