[Openmcl-devel] Re: slime troubles

Barry Perryman gekki_uk at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 02:08:45 PST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 Gary Byers wrote:
>On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Boris Tschirschwitz wrote:
>
> > It returns
> >
> > ? (car (last (logical-pathname-translations "CCL")))
> > (#P"ccl:**;*.*" #P"/Users/boristschirschwitz/**/*.*")
> > ?
> >
> > Which is not what I want, I suppose. Inside emacs the probe-file fails,
>too.
> > I also checked my .emacs file, it contains the correct (I hope)
> >
> > (setf inferior-lisp-program "/usr/local/src/ccl/dppccl")
> >
> > Boris.
>
>Try:
>
>(setf inferior-lisp-program "/usr/local/bin/openmcl") ; or wherever the
>shell script is installed.
>
>If Emacs invokes the shell script, it'll set the environment variable and
>execute dppccl, and the pathname translations should get set correctly.

I stumbled across this link the other day on setting environment variables
in mac os x so that they are available to all your processes.

http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1067.html

I haven't got round to trying this yet, but it looks like it could be useful
to anyone that prefers invoking openmcl without using the shell script.

Barry