[Openmcl-devel] ccl:do-rehash bug?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sat Mar 26 01:38:00 PST 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, David Tolpin wrote:

>  > Error in process listener(1): Duplicate key: #<Package "QST-HTML"> in
> #<HASH-TABLE :TEST EQ size 340/507 Locked 20000 #x6061DF6> ((T . "QST
> in dynamic HTML")) ((T . "QST in dynamic HTML")) 337 415
>  > While executing: CCL::DO-REHASH
>
> Couldn't reproduce, but just happened on mk:oos :load.
>
> David

Somone else reported something very similar about a month ago (it wasn't
very reproducible then either, as I recall.)

In both cases, the hash table that had the duplicate key was the hash
table used to map objects to their doc strings, and in both cases the
duplicate key was a package.  It's hard to know if that's significant
(and hard to know how it could be.)

I looked at this then and I didn't see how this could happen, but
clearly missed something.  I'll look again ...