[Openmcl-devel] beirc

J Q Splittist splittist at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 13:28:53 PST 2006

Is anyone able to run beirc (the mcclim-based irc client) with OpenMCL (
http://common-lisp.net/project/beirc/ ) at the moment? If so, what vintage
mcclim is doing the trick for you?

I ask because beirc used to run with OpenMCL 1.0 (the screenshot on the webpage
proves it), but some change somewhere (other than in OpenMCL) gives rise to a
strange anomaly whereby OpenMCL is generating a different output record the
first time through the incremental-redisplay loop than other lisps (well, than
sbcl on my box), which causes problems.

Of course, the most likely explanation is that I'm continuing to do something
wrong somewhere, but I thought I should ask if it really is just me, or if I
should persist in trying to track this down.

Cheers,
JQS