[Openmcl-devel] embedding openmcl into cocoa

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Jun 1 13:10:39 PDT 2006

I assume that when your're talking about "embedding OpenMCL", you mean
"mapping it into another process's address space, as if it were a
shared library of some sort.".  I don't think that that'd be easy
for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

If you're instead talking about accessing a separate lisp process
via pipes ... well, that's essentially what terminal emulators
and things like Emacs do (though the IPC mechanism might be
PTYs or sockets instead of pipes.)