[Openmcl-devel] Plans for Unicode support within OpenMCL?

James Anderson janderson at ravenpack.com
Tue Mar 21 05:11:47 PST 2006

yes, i had understood apple's CFString to be utf-16 encoded unicode.
which means that character position and byte position in such a string do not
agree.
and things like subseq and char in lisp cannot treat such unicode strings as
sequences with elements of uniform size. all known problems.

i taken your response to mean that you have been writing apps under those
conditions found a way to cope.