[Openmcl-devel] Unix domain sockets broken in Darwin x86?

Daniel Dickison danieldickison at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 22:22:18 PST 2006

I'm having trouble getting OpenMCL to connect to a Unix domain socket
using Version 1.1-pre-061110.  The code works on PPC, I believe
OpenMCL 1.0, although it might have been an earlier 1.1 beta.
Unfortunately it's a little difficult to cross-check this now.  Could
something between 1.0 and 1.1 have broken Unix domain sockets, or is
it a x86 vs PPC issue?  And most importantly, how can I help track
this down?

Here's the relevant Lisp code -- this gets called from an Obj-C
frontend which runs OpenMCL as a background process:

(defvar *gui-socket* nil)

(defun start-gui-server (socket-path)
   (process-run-function "fms-gui-server" #'gui-server socket-path))

(defun gui-server (socket-path)
   (in-package :fms-cocoa-gui)
   (with-open-socket (*gui-socket*
                      :remote-filename socket-path
                      :address-family :file
                      :type :stream
                      :connect :active)
     (loop
        (handler-case (let ((message (read *gui-socket*)))
                        (eval message))
          (error (err)
            (send-response +error-string+))
          (:no-error (result &rest other-vals)