[Openmcl-devel] Proper Heap Memory Allocation

Brent Fulgham bfulg at pacbell.net
Mon Nov 27 23:15:40 PST 2006

The MCL code for the OpenGL bindings makes a lot of use of (#_NewPtr
[size]).  The UFFI library seems to translate this for OpenMCL as
(ccl::malloc [size]).  I'm curious if (given the existance of the
various macptr-related functions) it would be more 'proper' to use
the macptr examples shown in the Documentation.  I guess the main
advantage is having access to the lisp-tagging for updating the
contents of the allocated block.  Are there any other key features
I'm forgetting?

Thanks,

-Brent