[Openmcl-devel] new snapshot archives (finally)

Phil pbpublist at comcast.net
Thu Sep 7 14:32:27 PDT 2006

I'm not sure if this was an intentional change or not but there
appear to be some differences in error handling with 1.1.  This
results in SLIME not being able to handle many error conditions that
it used to.  I did a quick comparison to confirm....

In 1.1:
? (first)
 > Error: Too few arguments in call to #<Compiled-function FIRST
#x804DDCE>:
 >        0 arguments provided, at least 1 required.
 > While executing: FIRST, in process listener(1).
 > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
 > Type :? for other options.
1 >

In 1.0 the error reported was slightly different:
? (first)
 > Error in process listener(1): Too few arguments in call to
#<Compiled-function FIRST #x804A4AE>: 0 provided, at least 1 required.
 > While executing: FIRST
 > Type :POP to abort.
Type :? for other options.
1 >

The result in SLIME w/ 1.1 is that the error is not captured by the
Slime debugger:
CL-USER> (first)
 > Error: value 0 is not of the expected type (SATISFIES FUNCTIONP).
 > While executing: CCL::LFUN-BITS, in process repl-thread(8).
 > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
 > Type :? for other options.
1 >

which is different than the behavior w/ 1.0:
CL-USER> (first)
Too few arguments in call to #<Compiled-function FIRST #x804A136>: 0
provided, at least 1 required.
    [Condition of type CCL::TOO-FEW-ARGUMENTS]

Restarts:
   0: [ABORT-REQUEST] Abort handling SLIME request.
   1: [ABORT-BREAK] Reset this process
   2: [ABORT] Kill this process

Backtrace:
   0: (FIRST)