[Openmcl-devel] new snapshot archives (finally)

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Sep 7 15:44:10 PDT 2006

You can get the same error without SLIME's involvement:

Welcome to OpenMCL Version 1.1-pre-060907 (DarwinPPC32)!
?
? (first)
> Error: Too few arguments in call to #<Compiled-function FIRST #x8060836>:
>        0 arguments provided, at least 1 required.
> While executing: FIRST, in process listener(1).
> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> Type :? for other options.
1 > :b
(F0135BB0) : 0 (FIRST ?) 0
> Error: value 0 is not of the expected type FUNCTION.
> While executing: %LFUN-NAME-STRING, in process listener(1).
> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> Type :? for other options.
2 >

The bug seems to be in the function CCL::CFP-LFUN, the PPC version
of which is now in "ccl:lib;ppc-backtrace.lisp"; that version does
indeed neglect to check for something that the 1.0 version handled.
If you replace it with:

(defun cfp-lfun (p)
   (if (fake-stack-frame-p p)
     (let* ((fn (%fake-stack-frame.fn p))
            (lr (%fake-stack-frame.lr p)))
       (if (and (typep fn 'function)
                (typep lr 'fixnum))
         (values fn lr)
         (values nil nil)))
     (%cfp-lfun p)))

then neither SLIME's backtrace nor the lisp's own should choke on this
case.