[Openmcl-devel] asdf location

Daniel Dickison danieldickison at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 07:44:11 PST 2007

(Sorry Gary for the duplicate message -- sent it from the wrong
account the first time).

On Dec 6, 2007, at 10:28 AM, Daniel Dickison wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2007, at 10:17 AM, Gary Byers wrote:
>
>> Let me ask again: is everyone sure that ~/Library is called ~/Library
>> on non-English installs of OSX ?

> I'm pretty sure there's some Apple documentation somewhere
> describing these canonical file system paths.

Turns out there are Foundation functions for getting these paths, so
the Right Thing would be to use these instead of hard coding ~/
Library/.... etc.

Here's the function in question:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Miscellaneous/Foundation_Functions/Reference/reference.html#/
/apple_ref/c/func/NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains

And some general documentation:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/LowLevelFileMgmt/Tasks/LocatingDirectories.html#/
/apple_ref/doc/uid/20001279

The constant NSApplicationSupportDirectory is defined in 10.4 and
later, so that might be a problem (does CCL run on 10.3 and older
systems?)  But NSAllLibrariesDirectory and NSLibraryDirectory are
available back to 10.0.