[Openmcl-devel] asdf location

Daniel Dickison danieldickison at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 15:44:11 UTC 2007

(Sorry Gary for the duplicate message -- sent it from the wrong
account the first time).

On Dec 6, 2007, at 10:28 AM, Daniel Dickison wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2007, at 10:17 AM, Gary Byers wrote:
>> Let me ask again: is everyone sure that ~/Library is called ~/Library
>> on non-English installs of OSX ?
> I'm pretty sure there's some Apple documentation somewhere
> describing these canonical file system paths.

Turns out there are Foundation functions for getting these paths, so
the Right Thing would be to use these instead of hard coding ~/
Library/.... etc.

Here's the function in question:

And some general documentation:

The constant NSApplicationSupportDirectory is defined in 10.4 and
later, so that might be a problem (does CCL run on 10.3 and older
systems?)  But NSAllLibrariesDirectory and NSLibraryDirectory are
available back to 10.0.