[Openmcl-devel] Emacs: local variables list contains values that may not be safe

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Wed Dec 12 18:39:03 PST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007, at 9:20 PM, Gary Byers wrote:

> This seems to be a multiple-choice question, and the best answer seems
> to be '!'.  I assume that that answer will write something to your
> ~/.emacs, which will keep emacs from getting excited the next time
> it tries to parse an attribute line that contains "Package: CCL".

If you're using Aquamacs Emacs, which tries to do things "like a Mac
OS X app", it remembers it in ~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/
customizations.el.

I'm not too clear on what's wrong with "~/.emacs", but Aquamacs also
suggests that you use ~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/
Preferences.el instead, although it is gracious enough to load both.