[Openmcl-devel] Detecting "Bitness" of Application

Brent Fulgham bfulg at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 17 21:59:14 PDT 2007

In working with the 64-bit Intel OpenMCL (on Mac) I am finding lots of
places where API calls through the FFI require explicitly declared
double-float values in 64-bit mode.

A good example would be something like:

   (rlet ((&rect :<CGR>ect  :origin.x 0.0d0 :origin.y 0.0d0
                                             :size.width (ccl::%double-
float Width) :size.height (ccl::%double-float Height)))
     (let* ((colorSpace (#_CGColorSpaceCreateDeviceRGB))
            (&bitmapCtx (#_CGBitmapContextCreate toBuffer Width Height
8 bytes-per-row colorSpace #$kCGImageAlphaNoneSkipLast)))

In 32-bit OpenMCL, the CGRect is perfectly happy being initialized
with a basic "1.0" (or even "1.0s0").  However, in 64-bit mode, I am
required to declare using the "1.0d0" notation.  This isn't such a big
deal, but what if I want code that might compile in 32-bit mode?

Is there a bit-width-agnostic way to make declarations such as the
above?

Thanks,

-Brent

P.S.  For people interested in what OpenMCL can do, I have some
examples of OpenMCL do some simple OpenGL renderings using the Open
Agent Engine logic.  Rumor has it that this stuff might even work in
64-bit mode...  (see http://lwat.blogspot.com/).