[Openmcl-devel] Core Animation ?

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Fri Apr 11 03:54:16 PDT 2008

"R. Matthew Emerson" <rme at clozure.com> wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2008, at 3:29 PM, Didier Verna wrote:
>>
>>       Hello,
>>
>> is it possible to use Core Animation in CCL, and if so how ? For
>> instance, objc-to-lisp-classname tells me that CALayer would be named
>> c-a-layer, which doesn't look right, and there doesn't seem to be such
>> class anyway.
>
> Not all Cocoa frameworks are loaded by default. You load additional
> ones with OBJC:LOAD-FRAMEWORK.

  Cool ! Now, I can't load the framework because I have nothing in
darwin-x86-headers64/ apart from the populate.sh script. I could try to
run it myself, but then I'm missing an h-to-ffi.sh script that I can't
find anywhere. I couldn't find premade database files on the ftp website
either. What should I do ?

> The c-a-layer ugliness can be corrected if we tell the bridge that
> "CA" is a "special word" in Cocoa names. In ccl:objc-bridge;name-
> translation.lisp, we add the form:
>
> (define-special-objc-word "CA")
>
> I went ahead and committed that addition to the trunk, if you happen to be
> running it.  With that change:
>
> ? ns:ca-layer
> #<OBJC:OBJC-CLASS NS:CA-LAYER (#x7FFF703A7440)>

  Thanks ! I don't use the trunk (the 1.1 svn branch) but I'll add this
call to my build script myself in the meantime.

Thanks !

--
5th European Lisp Workshop at ECOOP 2008, July 7: http://elw.bknr.net/2008/

Didier Verna, didier at lrde.epita.fr, http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier

EPITA / LRDE, 14-16 rue Voltaire   Tel.+33 (0)1 44 08 01 85
94276 Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, France   Fax.+33 (0)1 53 14 59 22  didier at xemacs.org