[Openmcl-devel] Core Animation ?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Fri Apr 11 04:26:23 PDT 2008

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, Didier Verna wrote:

> "R. Matthew Emerson" <rme at clozure.com> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 10, 2008, at 3:29 PM, Didier Verna wrote:
>>>
>>>       Hello,
>>>
>>> is it possible to use Core Animation in CCL, and if so how ? For
>>> instance, objc-to-lisp-classname tells me that CALayer would be named
>>> c-a-layer, which doesn't look right, and there doesn't seem to be such
>>> class anyway.
>>
>> Not all Cocoa frameworks are loaded by default. You load additional
>> ones with OBJC:LOAD-FRAMEWORK.
>
>  Cool ! Now, I can't load the framework because I have nothing in
> darwin-x86-headers64/ apart from the populate.sh script. I could try to
> run it myself, but then I'm missing an h-to-ffi.sh script that I can't
> find anywhere. I couldn't find premade database files on the ftp website
> either. What should I do ?

1) wait a couple of days.  Really.
2) go to "http://openmcl.clozure.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/darwin-x86-headers64/?root=svn"; click on the "download GNU tarball" link.
3) use svn
shell> svn co http://svn.clozure.com/pubicsvn/openmcl/trunk/darwin-x86-headers64
4) probably other ways to do this

If you don't want to download the entire "darwin-x86-headers64"
directory, you can download/checkout the "QuartzCore" subdirectory (and if
you're on the PPC, substitute accordingly.)

QuartzCore is what Apple calls an "Umbrella Framework" (possibly because
better names were already taken ...).  It contains a few related subframeworks
(CoreVideo and CoreImage as well as CoreAnimation), and you generally want
to load the whole "umbrella" framework (as Matt suggested.)

? (objc:load-framework "QuartzCore" :quartzcore)