[Openmcl-devel] Fwd: Soliciting examples of Lisp macros

james anderson james.anderson at setf.de
Sat Dec 13 10:10:06 PST 2008

hello;

it is little appreciated, but the computation of an effective method
is a macro-expansion process.
the simplest one might be the definition for the effective method
form of the standard method combination.[1,2]
at the next level, as maligned as it may be, make-method-lambda
relies on the same mechanism.

that is, one does not need to look far to find instances where the
basic properties of macros, that is the ability to compute
expressions with alternative, bindings, control structures and/or
evaluation order/semantics, are used in non-trivial ways to extend
the language.

---
[1] http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/
07_ffb.htm#standard