[Openmcl-devel] Fwd: Soliciting examples of Lisp macros

Daniel Pezely djp07 at speakeasy.net
Sun Dec 14 22:27:34 UTC 2008

Andrew Shalit wrote:

> Anyone have any exemplary macros for Dan Weinreb?  See his message
> below.

>> I'd like to put together a presentation that demonstrates some of
>> the great things you can do with Lisp macros.

Here is a progression of macros and supporting functions for
generating HTML such that the run-time never has to handle a static
string when invoking FORMAT.  Instead, those get resolved at compile-
time, of course.

Further explanations and context are in comments within the source:

This was written as a tutorial, illustrating the progression from a
crude first draft to a more mature version at the end.  I'm sure that
if I look too closely at this code today, I'll likely be
embarrassed... Critiques welcome.

Hopefully, it's sufficient to serve your purposes here.

first name at last name dot com
(206) 250-9830