[Openmcl-devel] acl-compat

Kevin Reid kpreid at mac.com
Fri Jan 4 06:54:52 PST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008, at 18:12, Ron Garret wrote:

> Has anyone successfully loaded acl-compat into ccl?  When I try it
> complains:

FYI, these are generic asdf configuration problems; nothing here is
specific to acl-compat or cl-ppcre.

> ? (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :acl-compat)
>> Error: Error component :CL-PPCRE not found, required by #<SYSTEM
>> "acl-compat" #x300041AB8C7D>
>
> If I try to load cl-ppcre.asd (version 1.3.2) I get this:
>
>> Error: value NIL is not of the expected type (OR STRING PATHNAME
>> STREAM).
>> While executing: PATHNAME-DIRECTORY, in process Listener(93).

This will happen if a DEFSYSTEM form is evaluated while *LOAD-
TRUENAME* is nil (and it has no :pathname argument). defsystem uses
this pathname to find the files that are part of the system.

Take a look at asdf:*central-registry*. Add a symlink to cl-ppcre.asd
in one of the directories mentioned in it; asdf will then find cl-
ppcre automatically when it is needed.

If you prefer, you can add directories to *central-registry* in your
init file. (Make sure each is a directory pathname, i.e. has a
trailing slash.) asdf:*system-definition-search-functions* is also
available as a customization hook, but you probably don't need that.