[Openmcl-devel] OT: Posting to openmcl-devel via gmane

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Jan 7 10:12:51 PST 2008

openmcl-devel doesn't accept messages from non-subscribers (spammers
tend not to subscribe to mailing lists.)

It does accept messages from the address
"glod-openmcl-devel-3" at "gmane.org", which is/was the address used
by the gmane gateway.

Since nothing from that address was in the logs on clozure.com, I'd
assume that that means that either:

- the gateway isn't working and posting through gmain doesn't cause
   mail from the above address to be sent to openmcl-devel

- the gateway was changed to use some other address which isn't
   subscribed.

I assume that a changed subscription address would have also been
something @ gmane.org, and since I didn't see any mail from gmane
it seems more likely that it's the former problem.