[Openmcl-devel] Lisp on the iPhone

Rainer Joswig joswig at lisp.de
Thu Jun 12 08:44:36 PDT 2008

Am 12.06.2008 um 17:25 schrieb Richard Newman:

>> Brian, to be part of the beta program one had to explain what one
>> is working on and only few developers were accepted.
>> So I'd guess that Apple is aware that this is a Smalltalk
>> implementation.
>
> Not true — I was accepted without having to tell them anything. One
> could also work on more than one thing at a time…

Thanks for the correction.

Hmm, I think you are right. I'm not so sure how they selected the
participants, now. Looks like they now accepted 4000 our of 25000
requests.
Initially it was even less, I read. So, probably, I was expecting that
there was some selection. But I just checked on
their site and one can apply without being asked about the nature of
the software. So, maybe the Smalltalk guy
just ports the VM and then sees what Apple will do?

Regards,

Rainer Joswig

Rainer Joswig, Hamburg, Germany
http://lispm.dyndns.org/