[Openmcl-devel] Lisp on the iPhone

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Thu Jun 12 09:51:33 PDT 2008

On Jun 12, 2008, at 11:44 AM, Rainer Joswig wrote:

> 'm not so sure how they selected the
> participants, now. Looks like they now accepted 4000 our of 25000
> requests.
> Initially it was even less, I read. So, probably, I was expecting that
> there was some selection.

I expected there to be some selection as well but in retrospect I
think it was just first come first served. Both I and my son were
accepted and I know I didn't give any details of what I'd be working
on. Being an ADC Select member may have helped me (or not). My son may
have specified what he was doing since he was using the iPhone SDK for
a school project.

> But I just checked on
> their site and one can apply without being asked about the nature of
> the software. So, maybe the Smalltalk guy
> just ports the VM and then sees what Apple will do?

It'll be interesting to see how Apple handles this since it was one of
the big grumbles about the beta that no interpreters were allowed
effectively shutting out languages other than objective-c.

regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.
raffaelcavallaro at mac.com