[Openmcl-devel] 32bit system

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Jun 16 00:27:06 PDT 2008

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, useada.u wrote:

> Hello,all!
>
> When can i use ccl on x86 32bit system?

As soon as it's available!

> waiting....

If the question is really "when will it be available?", the answer
is "soon."  If the question is "how soon?", the answer is "as soon
as possible; we have no reason to make this take any longer than
necessary, and lots of reasons for wanting to make it available."

The same answers apply to the Win64 port.

Both are available in SVN (hint:
http://svn.clozure.com/publicsvn/openmcl/branches), so if you really
want to you can check them out and see that:

a) they really exist and "work" (for some loose definition of "work")
b) they're both still pretty buggy, not even at the point where
    external feedback/testing would be useful.  ("It's buggy as hell!"
    "We know!")
c) they're probably not incredibly far from the point where some
    sort of external (alpha) testing would be useful. I assume that
    we'll make an announcement of some kind at that time ...