[Openmcl-devel] Cockpit Error using SAVE-APPLICATION?

j-anthony at comcast.net j-anthony at comcast.net
Thu Nov 6 15:44:41 PST 2008

As an FYI, this:

>So, basically a reasonable alternative approach (even given the current
>state of it's development) would be to subclass off APPLICATION (or perhaps
>LISP-DEVELOPMENT-SYSTEM) and define a toplevel-function method on this and
>then not pass in a :toplevel-function.  This would then cause the :before
>methods to run and such and invoke the specific toplevel-function method
>which would "do whatever".  Make sense?

works quite well modulo the use of non exported (and so a bit dodgy)
symbols from CCL.

(defclass aprigo-application (ccl::lisp-development-system) ())

(defmethod ccl::toplevel-function ((a aprigo-application) x)
  (declare (ignore x))
  (load "init") ; Init stuff, could be done differently of course
  (loop
    (sleep 1000))
  (quit))

(save-application
  "/var/aprigo/Persistence/persistence.lx64"
  :application-class 'aprigo-application))

-----

ccl -I persistence.lx64

and it just works.  Any bomb here that I may be grossly overlooking

/Jon