[Openmcl-devel] Old MCL buffers behaviour in CCL

Gilles Serasset Gilles.Serasset at imag.fr
Fri Oct 17 07:25:25 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I've been a long time MCL developer more than 10 years ago and after a
very long and deep break from CL, I kind of stumble on CCL web site.
 From my early MCL years, I kept a lot of programs I cannot run
anymore because they were using the "buffer" commands of MCL (make-
buffer etc.). The reason was that we were developping NLP apps dealing
extensively with text manipulations.

As MCL has been open-sources and as it seems that CCL do include
equivalent functionality, I though, that maybe, I'll be able to load
my programs again... (yes, I'm quite optimistic these days ;-)

Then the question is:

Has any of you used MCL and especialy MCL buffers. If yes, how did you
port your programs to CCL ?

Any hint ?

Regards,

Gilles,
--
Gilles Sérasset
GETALP-LIG                         BP 53 - F-38041 Grenoble Cedex 9