[Openmcl-devel] 'leaks.lisp' and older binaries.

David Brown lisp at davidb.org
Sun Oct 19 20:43:48 PDT 2008

The leaks.lisp utilities (which are quite useful, BTW), seem to
prevent CCL from building with older binaries.  The x86 binaries have
been updated, but I can't build PPC, even with the binary build with
r11164 (the version right beforehand).  When bootstrapping, it is
unable to load bin/leaks.pfsl, which indeed hasn't been built.

The (rebuild-ccl :full t) seems to invoke this in such a way that I am
unable to type anything to the kernel debugger.

I was able to get past this by:

   ./ppccl ppc-boot

then entering 'x' in the kernel debugger, and then saving the image:

   (ccl:save-application "tmp_image")

   ./ppccl tmp_image
   ? (rebuild-ccl :full t)

This then stops in 'leaks.lisp':

   ;Compiling "/home/davidb/ccl/ccl/library/leaks.lisp"...
   Read error between positions 8353 and 10063 in
   /home/davidb/ccl/ccl/library/leaks.lisp.
   > Error: value (:STRUCT :MALLINFO) is not of the expected type SYMBOL.
   > While executing: MAKE-EXTERNAL-FUNCTION-DEFINITION, in process
   > listener(1).

So, I guess I'm not quite sure how to go about building the tip for
ppc.

Thanks,
David