[Openmcl-devel] Typing #

Barry Perryman barry.perryman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 11:41:22 PDT 2008

I find that I don't really use the pound sign that much so I've
swapped the keyboard layout to US format - which doesn't seem to make
that much of a difference on my MBP layout as it would on a non apple
brand laptop - so that I can just use shift-3 as required. By enabling
the show input menu in the menu bar I can always swap back to a UK
keyboard should the need arise.

Barry

On 25 Oct 2008, at 13:50, Stephen Parker wrote:

> On 25 Oct 2008, at 13:43, Gary Byers wrote:
>
>> See <http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/ticket/182>.
>
> Thanks.  I hadn't spotted that.  The suggestion there (control-q,
> option-3) works
> fine (although is a bit of a handful).
>
>> In Apple's Terminal.app, if the "Use option as Meta key" preference
>> is enabled, does Option-3 produce a # on a UK keyboard, or is it
>> interpreted as Meta-3 ?
>
> It is interpreted as Meta-3.
>
>> If there are multiple option keys on your keyboard, is there any
>> difference
>> between the effect of using the left or right option modifiers ?
>
> I cannot detect any difference between using the left and right option
> keys.
>
> Thanks,
> stephen
>
>> On Sat, 25 Oct 2008, Stephen Parker wrote:
>>
>>> I'm sure this is very obvious, but I can't work out how to type a #
>>> symbol into Clozure using my UK macbook.  Normally this would be
>>> Alt-3.  Using "Special Characters ..." is getting tiresome.  Advice
>>> welcome.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> stephen