[Openmcl-devel] Unable to run linuxppc version on Ubuntu Hardy Heron

Bruce O'Neel ecl at pckswarms.ch
Fri Sep 5 05:19:05 PDT 2008

Hi,

On my Debian ppc systems ppccl runs fine.  I have to build it from source, but, no
problem.

A uname -a shows:

Linux gnosca 2.6.18-6-powerpc #1 Tue Aug 19 04:51:39 UTC 2008 ppc GNU/Linux

On my ubuntu hardy heron system the downloaded one, or, one built from source, doesn't run.
It doesn't matter whether one tries the trunk svn checkout or the 1.2 release.

edoneel at jungfrau:~/tmp/ccl$ ./ppccl
Killed
edoneel at jungfrau:~/tmp/ccl$ strace ./ppccl
execve("./ppccl", ["./ppccl"], [/* 21 vars */]) = -1 EACCES (Permission denied)
+++ killed by SIGKILL +++
Process 6042 detached
edoneel at jungfrau:~/tmp/ccl$

I do have permission to read, write, and execute the ppccl
executable.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

cheers