[Openmcl-devel] IDE compilation failure on darwinppc64

Garth Corral gcorral at abode.com
Thu Sep 11 01:21:09 PDT 2008

On Sep 11, 2008, at 12:12 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

> It's a known issue (but apparently not a well-advertised one); the
> ObjC bridge doesn't work on ppc64.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.  Yes, that wasn't clear to me,
though as I said, I'm a newcomer to ccl so I could certainly have
missed that.

> There's been plenty of time since then to get the bridge
> working on ppc64, but it hasn't gotten done.

It's understandable.  A lot of things to be done and not enough
contributors.  Sadly, I'm pretty confident that I can contribute
little here as well;  I'm neither kernel hacker nor compiler writer.
Add to that the fact that my ppc assembly is vitually nonexistent and
you have...  no help at all.  I'm curious enough to have a look at it,
though, so who knows.

Thanks again,

Garth