[Openmcl-devel] cl-http on clozure-cl

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sat Apr 4 21:01:31 PDT 2009

As far as I know, no one's done a port.

I'd have to think (perhaps naively) that doing a port involves writing
some platform-specific code (for things like networking/threads/pathnames)
that adheres to some public interface, and that there isn't likely to be
a whole lot of that code.

Anytime that I've ever looked at cl-http, I've been unable to determine
how its code is organized, where that platform-specific code should go,
and what those public interfaces are.

I -think- that I once heard that someone (maybe Karsten Poeck ?) had
written something - either a porting guide or a skeletal portability
layer or both - for CL-HTTP, but I don't remember where I saw that and
couldn't find it the last time that I looked.