[Openmcl-devel] invitation to stress test anticipatory symbol completion for CCL

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Sat Jan 3 10:05:44 PST 2009

this is the anticipatory symbol completion for CCL running a
background process probing your mind ;-)

http://www.agentsheets.com/lisp/anticipat-symbol-complete.lisp

With the help of Clozure we ported this to CCL but due to the pretty
complex interaction of processes (completion, hemlock, user, timer)
there were still some issues. I think it is fixed now but we like to
invite people to stress test it a bit before we clean up the code
(eliminating MCL version and adding more support for CCL specific
symbols such as #/... #$.. etc.

Anyway, try to edit - a copy - of some real code and see how it works.
Can you get it to crash, deadlock, too much/not enough feedback,
feature requests, ...

If you find a bug please have a look at the CCL > Tools > processes
window and watch out for anticipatory symbol completion processes. If
you do not type there should be none.

Just load if before you open up an editor window or a listener.

happy hacking,  Alex

Prof. Alexander Repenning

University of Colorado
Computer Science Department