[Openmcl-devel] YAWRQ (Yet Another Wheel Reinvention Query): MySQL interface

Jon S. Anthony j-anthony at comcast.net
Sun Jul 19 17:19:17 PDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-07-19 at 17:56 -0600, Gary Byers wrote:
> If I understand correctly (and there's no reason to believe that I do),
> CLSQL was originally written to depend on a portable FFI layer named
> UFFI.

Yes, that is true.

> It may be the case that UFFI is no longer actively maintained.  CFFI
> (which definitely is still being actively maintained) offers a "uffi-compat"
> package which is intended to help port programs that depend on UFFI to
> platforms that UFFI doesn't support (x86 versions of CCL may fall into
> that category.)

I believe that CLSQL folks (in particular Kevin Rosenberg)
maintain/ensure that CFFI that comes with CLSQL works - at least to the
extent that CLSQL needs it.  IIRCC, I think he (KR) has mentioned this
in a couple places (cll?).

> This may be completely wrong, but I'm as sure as I can be (for someone
> who doesn't pay enough attention to this stuff) that people use CLSQL
> with CCL regularly and that it's "working".

Yes, as I mentioned, I've used it for real stuff with CCL on both Mac
and Linux X8664 (and Linux x8632 with ACL and CCL).

/Jon