[Openmcl-devel] YAWRQ (Yet Another Wheel Reinvention Query): MySQL interface

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sun Jul 19 16:56:22 PDT 2009

If I understand correctly (and there's no reason to believe that I do),
CLSQL was originally written to depend on a portable FFI layer named
UFFI.

It may be the case that UFFI is no longer actively maintained.  CFFI
(which definitely is still being actively maintained) offers a "uffi-compat"
package which is intended to help port programs that depend on UFFI to
platforms that UFFI doesn't support (x86 versions of CCL may fall into
that category.)

This may be completely wrong, but I'm as sure as I can be (for someone
who doesn't pay enough attention to this stuff) that people use CLSQL
with CCL regularly and that it's "working".