[Openmcl-devel] Slime/Clozure/Windows C-c C-c not working

Matt Lamari matt.lamari at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 09:27:20 PDT 2009

Thank you very much!

I got to see "slime" actually run for the first time when someone on
#lisp explained to me how to run CCL as an independent Swank server and
use slime-connect.

Slime-connect works and gets to slime on both GNU Emacs and XEmacs

XEmacs persists in failing to start up Slime (for me).

What got me past the problem in GNU Emacs was referring to WX86CL64.exe
as you have done, rather than the CCL64 script.

So to summarize (using the same slime/swank):
Slime-connect to a server:  Both Emacs'
M-x Slime :  GNU Emacs only

(Note - I'm not saying XEmacs has anything wrong with it, just that I
could not get Slime to start properly, in Win6, with the kind of
settings that worked in GNU Emacs).

I'm somewhat new to emacs and less familiar with things unixy than many
on this list.  I've been shielded from a lot of this via Lispworks.
What seems like trivial adjustments to emacs settings would be
incredibly daunting to someone coming from the Microsoft DevStudio who's
never seen lisp or emacs before.

I think I'll try to come up with an end-to-end blow-by-blow foolproof
set of windows-specific instructions for this windows audience (tested
on a clean VM windows install).