[Openmcl-devel] Clozure Emacs/Slime problem in Win32

Greg Santucci thecodewitch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 16:03:27 PDT 2009

I've encountered a small problem when using Clozure with Emacs/slime.

When I try (cl-glut-examples:gears) at the slime "inferior-lisp" repl, the
example runs normally. When I try it in the normal repl buffer, it will work
only if I did it in the "inferior-lisp" repl first. If not, the window
doesn't appear, and the repl says nothing. I can't find any error messages
or prompts in the other buffers. If at the "inferior-lisp" repl I run
another example, such as (cl-glut-examples:rb-robot), suddenly both the
robot and gears windows appear and run normally.

Interestingly, this problem doesn't occur with lispbuilder-sdl examples.

This is my .emacs (for Win32, its _emacs):

(setq inferior-lisp-program "C:/lispbox/ccl/wx86cl.exe") ; your Lisp system
(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/lispbox/slime-2009-05-31")  ; your SLIME
directory
(require 'slime)
(slime-setup '(slime-scratch slime-editing-commands slime-repl slime-mrepl))

Greg