[Openmcl-devel] modify lisp reader such that :: is disallowed

Taoufik Dachraoui taoufik.dachraoui at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jun 11 09:03:21 PDT 2009

Hi

The best I could find without hacking the ccl lisp reader is the
following:

(defparameter *secure-readtable* (copy-readtable nil))

(set-macro-character #\:
    #'(lambda (s c)
        (declare (ignore s c))
        (progn
	 (setq *readtable* (copy-readtable nil))
	 (error "use of colons is not allowed")))
    nil
    *secure-readtable*)

Example:

? (let ((*readtable* *secure-readtable*)) (read))
:x

 > Error: use of colons is not allowed
 > While executing: #<Anonymous Function #x8ABC576>, in process
listener(1).
 > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
 > Type :? for other options.
1 > (get-macro-character #\:)
NIL
NIL
1 > :pop

?

But with this, users will not be able to use keywords either.

Is there a way to know if the colon is the first character in the token?
Does the reader has accessible working variables that we can consult?

Kind regards

-Taoufk