[Openmcl-devel] User contributions

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Thu Jun 11 15:06:56 PDT 2009

On Jun 10, 2009, at 3:33 AM, Gail Zacharias wrote:

> We have added a "ccl:contrib;" directory to CCL for distributing
> user-contributed software.  It's in the trunk and will be included
> starting with the next release.
>
> To contribute, you can send your file (or zipped up directory) to
> openmcl-devel clearly saying that you want it to go into the CCL
> contrib directory.  Better yet, ask for write access to the
> subversion repository and add it yourself -- that way you can also
> update it as needed.
>
> I hope some of the neat examples that have been floating around the
> list lately will make it into contrib!

Along those lines, and following Alexander's suggestion of not
including code as attachments, I have placed updated versions of the
scribble and draggable demos at:

http://www.flownet.com/ron/lisp/

There's also two new demos: an image-view class which does the obvious
thing, and a pdf-view with overlays, so you can, for example, overlay
a scribble view over a pdf view and scribble on a PDF.

You'll need to snarf three files from there to run the demos:

rg-utils.lisp
rg-cocoa-utils.lisp
rg-demos.lisp

The two utils files are intended to be useful in their own right
independent of the demos.

I have tested these on the heads of the 1.3 and trunk in both 32 and
64 bit on OS X 10.5.7.  The PDF demo can crash your machine in 64-bit
mode because of an as-yet uncorrected bug in OS X.

These probably need documentation before they're ready to be included
in contrib, but they two of the files are public domain and the third
(rg-utils) just requires attribution so anyone can do pretty much
anything they like with them.

As always, feedback welcome.

rg