[Openmcl-devel] save-application

Jared C. Davis jared at cs.utexas.edu
Fri Jun 19 14:27:24 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm wondering about the :error-handler option on
CCL::save-application.  I'm using CCL 1.3-r12155M on Linux X86-64.  I
saved my program with

(CCL::save-application "foo"
    :toplevel-function #'main
    :error-handler :quit)

When I then cause my program to generate an error, e.g., by literally
calling (error "something is wrong."), instead of quitting I see the
following message:

     > Error: something is wrong.
     > While executing: function-that-calls-error, in process toplevel(2).

    ;;;
    ;;; #<PROCESS toplevel(2) [ACTIVE] #x300040F77C6D> requires access
to Shared Terminal Input
    ;;; Type (:y 2) to yield con

The message literally stops right there.  I can Control+C out into a
break loop, and from there I can quit.

Anyway, I had expected it to quit instead.

Is there an easy way to get the program to simply quit if there is any
call of (error ...) encountered?

Thanks!
Jared

--