[Openmcl-devel] changeset 12281

mikel evins mevins at mac.com
Wed Jun 24 08:30:31 PDT 2009

On Jun 24, 2009, at 10:22 AM, Joakim Sandgren wrote:

> Thank You!
> I propose that you add to the default hemlock bindings.lisp file
> these:
>
> (hi:bind-key "Select Forward Word" #k"meta-shift-rightarrow")
> (hi:bind-key "Select Backward Word" #k"meta-shift-leftarrow")
>
> (hi:bind-key "Forward Form" #k"control-rightarrow")
> (hi:bind-key "Select Forward Form" #k"control-shift-rightarrow")
>
> (hi:bind-key "Backward Form" #k"control-leftarrow")
> (hi:bind-key "Select Backward Form" #k"control-shift-leftarrow")

I'll add them and see if anyione objects. Looking into this question,
I'm finding that there are several common movement and selection
commands that don't have bindings or don't work in Hemlock right now.
I'll see if I can improve that situation (but I also need to
characterize it well enough to write a decent Trac ticket for it).

> but it is perhaps too personal...?
>
> by the way the
> (hi:bind-key "Select Backward Character" #k"shift-leftarrow")
> (hi:bind-key "Select Forward Character" #k"shift-rightarrow")
> do not work...
> why?

Heck if I know; I was just looking at that myself, and scratching my
head about it. I'll see if I can fix that, too.

> and... I found that doubleclicking on a form to select it, then
> collapsing it to the right or to the left, return do not work
> anymore as new-line for this document.
> if you are to the left, the form goes line by line downward but the
> cursor stay in place - like control-O,
> if you collapse to the right you create a new line underneith the
> form but the cursor is still in place (just to the left of the
> collapsed form)..
> and this is like it is everywhere - in that document. if you open
> another return is return again. if you close the other document and
> reopen it everything is ok again...
>
> collapsing form seems to alter the retrurn - new line function...

Yeah, that's unexpected, too. I guess I know what I'll be working on
for the next few days.

Thanks for all the input; it's very helpful.

--me