[Openmcl-devel] Hemlock with color!

Glen Foy lisp at clairvaux.org
Sat Mar 14 05:07:03 PDT 2009

On Mar 14, 2009, at 1:34 AM, Alexander Repenning wrote:

> Colored strings and comments in Hemlock with CCL 1.3... I like it.
>
> Now the question is: what is the next step for full syntax
> colorization. Is somebody working on it? What would it take, say, to
> color all the special forms? Is there sample code?

I have some Fred syntax styling code that I plan on porting to
Hemlock.  It does elaborate incremental and batch styling and is
configurable using a preference dialog.

The Cocoa interface and the parsing algorithm are done.  I'm waiting
on full font support, but may do some preliminary work based on the
proposed font API.

The Fred version for MCL 5.2 is:  color-coded-20b2.zip

available at:  www.clairvaux.org