[Openmcl-devel] patch: ability to create socket for given file descriptor number

Maciej Pasternacki maciej at pasternacki.net
Mon May 18 10:08:42 PDT 2009

On 2009-05-08, at 12:04, Maciej Pasternacki wrote:

> Patch adds FD as an accepted keyword argument to CCL:MAKE-SOCKET,
> and changes FD from auxilliary variable to a keyword argument in all
> downstream functions.  Downstream functions call c_socket only when
> FD argument wasn't supplied, otherwise trusting caller that given
> file descriptor is a descriptor for right kind of socket, and using
> it to create socket structure.
>
> Patch is made against SVN trunk.

Is there something wrong with my patch, or with the way I am sending
it?  Should I open a bug in Trac rather than directing my issues to
the list?  I supposed it is better to discuss the issue and proposed
solution before opening the bug, to keep informations in the
bugtracker as relevant as possible, but if that's not the proper
order, please tell me.  Proper way of sending patches was not
described in current manual, and I could not find any directions at
Wiki other than this list address.

Anyway, due to mess in my SVN checkouts (for which I apologize) the
patch in my original post was actually against 1.2 release.  I attach
correct version of patch, which applies cleanly to 1.3 release and to
the trunk.

Regards,
Maciej.