[Openmcl-devel] Type declaration question

Sudhir Shenoy sshenoy at gol.com
Mon May 25 18:46:26 PDT 2009

Can anyone tell me what the proper declaration for a 64 bit unsigned
integer is? I was using "(declare ((unsigned-byte 64) foo))" which I
am fairly sure worked prior to CCL 1.3 but now I get a compilation
warning and the fasl is not generated. I checked the CLHS and there
doesn't seem to be an upper bound on the number of bits in the
unsigned-byte declaration.

I have this in some low level i/o conversion (reading in a IEEE float
value of 8 bytes and converting to a Lisp number) code where I use
(ldb (byte 1 63) foo) to extract the sign-bit, for example. Is there a
better way to do this?

Thanks
Sudhir