[Openmcl-devel] YAWC (Yet Another Weird Crash)

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Sat May 30 21:51:42 PDT 2009

For the record, Gary was able to figure out my PDF crash bug.  It
turns out to not be a CCL bug at all, but a bug in the 64-bit Quartz
framework.  I was unwittingly compiling my ObjC code in 32-bit mode
(thinking that 64-bits was the default in Leopard), which is why I
wasn't able to reproduce the bug in ObjC.  Because this was not a CCL
bug I'm buying a support ticket from Clozure to rebalance my chi.  :-)

Also, in the past two weeks I've leaned on CCL pretty hard and it has
come through with flying colors.  If anyone was undecided about diving
in to CCL, I would say it's time to take the plunge.  Come on in, the
water's fine :-)

rg