[Openmcl-devel] YAWC (Yet Another Weird Crash)

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Sun May 31 09:02:06 PDT 2009

On May 31, 2009, at 12:51 AM, Ron Garret wrote:

> For the record, Gary was able to figure out my PDF crash bug.  It
> turns out to not be a CCL bug at all, but a bug in the 64-bit Quartz
> framework.  I was unwittingly compiling my ObjC code in 32-bit mode
> (thinking that 64-bits was the default in Leopard), which is why I
> wasn't able to reproduce the bug in ObjC.  Because this was not a CCL
> bug I'm buying a support ticket from Clozure to rebalance my chi.  :-)

I had the exact same experience with a bug in the 64bit version of
NSSpeechSynthesizer. I was also assuming that XCode defaults to 64-bit
on 64-bit machines. Luckily Matthew Emerson suggested that I double
check, and it became clear that it was a bug in the 64-bit AppKit, not
CCL.

> Also, in the past two weeks I've leaned on CCL pretty hard and it has
> come through with flying colors.  If anyone was undecided about diving
> in to CCL, I would say it's time to take the plunge.  Come on in, the
> water's fine :-)

Same here - I've been using the IDE pretty heavily for 6 months and
find it generally stable.

warmest regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro