[Openmcl-devel] Running 32 bit ccl under win64.

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Oct 27 19:50:59 PDT 2009

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, Matthew D. Swank wrote:

> The following is a know issue running the win32 version of ccl in a
> win64 environment:
>
>> wx86cl.exe
> This application can't run under this OS version

It's telling you the truth.

> I believe the source of the error is in lisp-kernel/thread-manager.c.
> In the function init_win32_ldt(), NtQueryInformationProcess is called
> in order to get the LDT_ENTRY of the current process.
>
> I don't know much about the context in which this happens, but the
> attached test program (compiled to a win32 executable) indicates
> NtQueryInformationProcess returns 0xc0000002 (STATUS_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)
> in this circumstance. Is there a way to get around this in WoW64 (the
> environment that runs 32 bit code under win64)?

Get MS to implement the missing functionality (just like real OSes do) ?

When mentioning this issue, <http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/wiki/WindowsNotes>
says that "we intend to address that."  Reasons for wanting to address that
haven't changed, but the ways in which we were considering doing so look
less attractive than they did when that was written (and, to be honest, they've
never looked all that attractive ...)