[Openmcl-devel] CCL thinks buffer exist...

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Tue Sep 8 10:12:46 PDT 2009

On Sep 7, 2009, at 3:34 AM, peter wrote:

> At 8:17 AM +0200 09/9/7, Rainer Joswig wrote:
>> Any idea what is going on?
>
> AFAICT when a buffer window is closed, the window and buffer still
> exist.

Your diagnosis appears to be correct.  I checked in what I think
should be a fix.

I remember thinking once before that we weren't releasing the editor
and listener windows when they were closed, but I somehow convinced
myself that we actually were.  I must have been mistaken.

One thing I'd like to point out is that listeners have an autorelease
pool.  This way, you can say stuff like (#/orderedWindows *nsapp*),
and not have the returned object evaporate out from underneath you.
There's a top-level command ":rap" which will drain the autorelease
pool.

A potentially confusing side effect of this is that if you do (#/
orderedWindows *nsapp*), close a document window, and then do (#/
orderedWindows *nsapp*) again, you'll see the closed window still in
the list.  This is because the window is still retained by the NSArray
that the first call to #/orderedWindows returned.  If you do :rap, and
then do the (#/orderedWindows *nsapp*) again, the window should be gone.